Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fancy Bookends

"Old friends. Sat on their park bench like bookends... winter companions, the old friends... lost in their overcoats, waiting for the sun... the sounds of the city sifting through trees... settle like dust on the shoulders of the old friends." -Bookends by Simon & Garfunkel

Aren't those lovely lyric by Simon & Garfunkel? It's one of my favorite songs. We stow many of our favorite and most cherished possessions between bookends, so why not make these functional pieces slightly more fabulous than normal. Here is a collection of bookends that I am just so in love with.


1 / 2 / 3 / 4  5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9  

10 comments:

  1. I love bookends1 Sadly I have no use for them as I borrow from the library or give my books to charity shops soon after reading. Maybe I can use them for my cds? Love number 6, used to collect crystals similar when I was a kid! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great pair of book ends is a must! I've been dying to get my hands on a pair of Jonathan Adlers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, i've been on the hunt for cute and quirky bookends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute idea for a post. I love the little gold elephants with their trunks up.
    xo,
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love this post! I have had my eye on six and seven is so unique, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love eight, and six. I have SO many books, I really need some beautiful bookends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those elephants are so adorable!!

    xx,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh those bookends are fantastic! My favorite has to be #3!

    New follower over here! xoxo

    Cathy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a pair of turquoise agate bookends that I scored for an awesome deal! I posted about them awhile if you'd like to check it out!
    http://tiffanyleighinteriordesign.blogspot.ca/2012/04/of-quartz.html.
    I think number 8 on your list, the gold antelope, are SO chic.
    xo
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these! I have elephant book ends carved from soapstone from a fair trade shop in Kenya. I get compliments on them all the time.

    Also, I'm going to listen to the S&G song right now...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please be sure to include your info so I can visit your blog as well. If you would like to follow, I would love to follow you right back! xx -holly foxen wells